Thursday, April 14, 2011

Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley

I just finished reading "Breath of Angel" by Karyn Henley and I have to say I loved it.

This book is about a young priestess, Melaia, who witnesses a murder of a stranger in the temple courtyard by a hawk who later turns into a man. The stranger turns out to be an angel, which she had always thought were myths and stories until now.

Melaia finds herself in the middle of a blood feud between two immortal brothers who destroyed the stairway to heaven, stranding angels here on earth. She becomes a target as things escalate.

She hides with a band of angels who are attempting to restore the stairway. But Melaia soon finds out that that the restoration is impossible without the repayment of an ancient debt. One that calls for the "breath of angel, blood of man" and one that involves her heart, soul and destiny.

I read this book in about 15 hours. I could not put it down. I enjoyed meeting the characters and trying to figure out which ones were trustworthy or not. The author was descriptive without over doing it. I was able to imagine the places and people very well. I cannot wait for the next book. This is book one of The Angeleon Circle.

I received this book for review from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers and was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment