Friday, April 1, 2011

busy busy busy...

So in the last few days I have been very productive. I made 2 necklaces, 3 bracelets, 1 watch, and 2 pairs of earrings. Adding to my collection of 9 other pieces.
I made a batch of homemade deodorant and homemade lip balm/ lotion bars. I am soo excited. I do have pictures and I promise to get them up soon. It was so simple. I just used a 1:1:1 ratio of coco butter, beeswax and coconut oil.( I started with small bits...1oz each) I I had previously bought the coconut oil to make homemade deodorant which failed but I am trying again now that I did more research.
See it melted all over in the bathroom because coconut oil has a low melting point. 76 degrees. One lady keeps her in her fridge when the temps go up. So I am trying again. Bobby has been using the powdered version off and on and it works good for him when he uses it. He gets rashes from all the other kinds. All that is in it is 1/4c baking soda(less if your skin is sensitive) 1/4 c cornstarch and 10 - 20 drops of teatree oil. Put in a sock and dust it on.(that's what I use they suggest a powder puff container) to make a stick kind add 2tbs+ of coconut oil until its the consistency you want. Pack it into an old deodorant container or small wide mouth jar.
I also tried a baking soda rinse and apple cider vinegar rinse for a natural shampoo and conditioner. My hair is overly oily and there apparently will be a transition period while it stops it's overproduction of oil caused by shampoos. So I tried a citrus rinse for the waxy feeling as suggested by one lady(CoolKarmaVideo) who has videos on you tube about going no "poo" as it is called. But I still think my hair needs to adjust. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm gonna give it at least two weeks.
After I squeezed the two lemons of as much juice as I could manage, I felt like it was a waste to throw them away. So I stuck them in a glass put in some warm water and a packet of stevia in the raw and let it sit in the fridge until I was ready to drink it. YUM! It is really good lemonade.
I have to say this all natural stuff is fun. Now if can only get myself to natural eating. LOL Here are some links to check out if you want and they have links to follow also.

http://babyslime.livejournal.com/174054.html

http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2011/03/making-homemade-hard-lotion-with-a-diy-lotion-and-lip-balm-kit.html      ( she uses a ready mad DIY kit but I just copied the ingredients from the site she bought it from.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HciNySjusNE&feature=related  


http://littlehouseinthesuburbs.com/2009/03/quick-stick-deodorant.html


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWunjWkdLFo&feature=related   (she is funny, I picked this but you could check out all from day one)


thats just a few that I checked out. I did google searches and like I said I checked out the links from the links I provided. TTFN (ta ta for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment